Asics GT-1000 5 Supportive Running Shoes
The fifth version of the GT-1000 series demonstrates Asics taking a another step to a new echelon of technical performance for overpronators. Featuring a newly engineered mesh upper for increased support and breathability, as well as Convergence GEL Technology, the GT-1000 5 will provide you with all the support you need during your training. Asics' diligence in designing this support shoe has seen this outstanding shoe be awarded with the American Podiatric Medical Association's (APMA) Seal of Acceptance.
Updated Synthetic/Mesh Upper
The GT-1000 5 shoe's upper has been updated from the previous version. The newly engineered mesh is more supportive, and more breathable than that of its predecessor. The breathable mesh allows excellent ventilation, and helps to keep the foot cool, dry and consequently more comfortable during training. A secure fit at the heel is provided thanks to the Heel Clutching System, which cradles the heel and offers increased support to the foot and helps to counteract overpronation. The Heel Clutching System utilises an exoskeletal structure which wraps the heel for a stable and secure fit, providing increased stability whilst running. A removable sockliner keeps the foot snug and provides additional stability, with the added benefit of being able to remove when not needed. The sockliner also has moisture wicking properties, which work in unison with the mesh panelling help to keep the foot cool, dry and comfortable during exercise.
New Convergence GEL Midsole
The GT-1000 5's midsole has also been updated. Convergence GEL technology has been deployed in the heel area of the midsole to provide engineered, heel-specific support. The Convergence GEL works by mimicking the fatty tissue in your heel to provide extra cushioning and support. Additional rearfoot and forefoot GEL provides cushioning and shock absorption to ensure that minimal stress is placed upon your joints during the heel strike and toe off phase of the gait cycle.
The Speva midsole material provides the shoe with durability by deterring the breakdown of the midsole, thus extending the shoe's lifespan. Speva also provides additional bounce to your run, to minimise the energy wasted during your run in the toe off phase of the gait cycle. Midsole support is added by the Duomax system, a dual-density foam that combats overpronation through greater support and stability.
The GT-1000 5 is an ideal support shoes for overpronators, thanks in part to the Impact Guidance Midsole System (I.G.S.). The I.G.S. helps to guide the wearer's foot during the gait cycle to keep the foot from overpronating, and place it in a neutral position. Consequently, the GT-1000 5 provides a smoother run with more comfort to overpronators.
Asics have deployed several functional features into their outsoles recently, and the GT-1000 5 includes a plethora. Like the midsole, the outsole also provides support for the overpronator. The outsole Guidance Line features on the outsole, and provides enhanced gait efficiency, to help support the wearer's foot from heel strike to toe off. Asics' Durasponge outsole is also deployed in the GT-1000 5. Durasponge features blown Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR), which provides enhanced forefoot and rearfoot cushioning and durability. AHAR rubber is extremely abrasive, and provides high traction on multiple surfaces. All of these features are augmented by the Trusstic System, which reduces the outsole's overall weight without sacrificing the shoe's structural integrity or support.
- ***New*** Convergence GEL Technology - Provides engineered heel support and cushioning.
- ***New***Engineered Mesh Upper - Updated to provide improved support and breathability.
- APMA Seal of Acceptance - American Podiatric Medical Association recognition.
- Heel Clutching System - Provides increased support by cradling the heel.
- Removable Moisture Wicking Sockliner - For added comfort.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL - Offers additional cushioning during the gait cycle.
- Speva Midsole - Provides additional bounce to your run, and prolongs the midsole's lifespan.
- Duomax System - Prevents overpronation through additional support.
- I.G.S. - Helps to guide the foot into a neutral stance during the gait cycle.
- Guidance Line - Tackles overpronation by guiding your foot.
- Durasponge Outsole - Provides enhanced cushioning and traction.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) - Extremely durable and offers high traction on multiple surfaces.
- Trusstic System - Reduces the shoe's weight without compromising the shoe's structural integrity or support.
- Weight - 303 grams - 14 grams lighter than its predecessor.
Asics GT 1000 5 Women's Running Shoes - SS17 - 40% Off ASIT6A8N3993