Salomon Speedcross Vario Women's Trail Running Shoes
The women's Salomon Speedcross Vario shares many similarities with the highly successful Speedcross; however, the Vario is designed specifically for harder trails which themselves require a specialist running shoe. Consequently, the Vario features a smoother, hard trail specific Wet Traction Contagrip outsole with a lug pattern that suits compacted, rocky ground to let you take charge on those technical mountain tracks or urban alleys.
The Speedcross Vario features an abrasion resistant Anti-Debris mesh, which is constructed from highly durable materials to protect the wearer's foot and ensure that the shoes can withstand the hardships of trail running. The Anti-Debris mesh works in unison with the gusseted Tongue to provide further protection from pebbles and other objects entering the shoe and causing discomfort.
The upper also incorporates Salomon's Sensifit technology, which cradles the foot from the midsole through to the laces to provide a stable, precise, and snug fit for enhanced support throughout the gait cycle. A durable PVC Toe Box provides further durability and impact protection against tree roots and rocks.
Full-Length EVA Midsole
The midsole has been designed and constructed with responsive cushioning in mind. Salomon have created the Speedcross Vario's midsole to provide supportive comfort whilst remaining lightweight. The midsole utilises a dual fusion of Salomon's proprietary LT Muscle and Injected EVA cushioning systems. LT Muscle provides lightweight, highly durable cushioning, whilst the Injected EVA provides soft cushioning throughout the full-length of the shoe. The two midsole compounds have differing densities, and consequently work together to provide both cushioning and support throughout the gait cycle, whilst also providing responsiveness to enable you to feel the contours of the ground beneath you. Finally, an OrthoLite Sockliner provides plush underfoot cushioning within the shoe to give greater support and comfort. The sockliner has been fitted with anti-microbial properties to provide long-lasting freshness.
Hard-Trail Specific Outsole
Salomon have created the Speedcross Vario specifically for hard trails; nowhere is the shoe's purpose more clear than in its outsole design. For greater traction and performance on wet rocks, the outsole has been redesigned from that of the Speedcross to give the Vario's sole 62% more surface area. The rubber used in the outsole's construction is Contagrip rubber, which is extremely durable and generates outstanding traction on multiple surfaces. The Wet Traction Contagrip lugs have been redesigned specifically to cope with the demands of hard trails, and consequently they provide floor-fighting grip throughout the gait cycle. Finally, Salomon's Mud Guard protects the base of the shoe from clogging up with mud, thereby ensuring that your shoes maintain the maximum grip and the minimum weight during your run.
- Breathable Upper - Allows air flow for greater comfort on the trail.
- Lightweight, Abrasion Resistant Upper - Highly durable to extend your shoes' lifespan.
- Durable PVC Toe Box - Provides exceptional impact protection and durability.
- Anti-Debris Mesh/Gusseted Tongue - Prevent debris from entering the upper and causing discomfort.
- Sensifit System - Securely cradles the foot for comfort and support.
- LT Muscle - Lightweight, shock absorbing midsole compound.
- Injected EVA - Provides further shock absorption and underfoot cushioning.
- OrthoLite Sockliner - Provides plush underfoot cushioning; treated with anti-microbial protection.
- Contagrip Rubber Outsole - Highly durable, non-marking outsole rubber that provides exceptional grip.
- Wet Traction Lugs - Generate extreme traction on hard surfaces.
- Mud Guard - Prevents mud from building up on the outsole, thereby ensuring maximum grip and minimum weight.
- Drop - 10mm.
- Weight - 318 grams.
Salomon Speedcross Vario Women's Trail Running Shoes - SS17 - 40% Off SALL39242100